- v. (513) 556-0160
- f: (513) 556-6265
Senior Reference Librarian
AB, Lawrence University
MA, University of Southern California
MSLS, University of Southern California
Areas of Interest
- International Human Rights
- International Law
- Legal Research and Writing
Jim Hart is the Senior Reference Librarian with the Robert S. Marx Law Library. He is responsible for providing reference and research assistance to all library patrons. He provides particular expertise in the areas of foreign and international law research. Mr. Hart is a member of various professional associations both regionally and nationally, and recently won the Spirit of Foreign, Comparative & International Law Special Interest Section Award. He has presented at local, regional, and national conferences. Mr. Hart's publications include articles on research guides, teaching, and the European human rights system. Prior to joining the Marx Law Library, he previously held positions at San Diego State University and Southeast Missouri State.
- Making the Horse Drink: The Design of Library Subject Guides, AALL Spectrum, Nov. 2014, at13.
- Matchmaker, Matchmaker, Make Me a Match: The Internships & Exchanges Committee, 28 Foreign, Comp., & Int'l. L. SIS Newsletter, Oct. 2013, at 11 (with David McFadden), http://www.aallnet.org/sections/fcil/newsletters/vol28/iss1.pdf.
- Conveying Meaning ILRIG’s Pre-Conference Symposium, Int'l Legal Res. Informer, Summer 2012, at 2 (with Don Ford).
- The Netherlands Hosts IALL, 25 Foreign, Comp., & Int'l. L. SIS Newsletter, Oct. 2010, at 15, http://www.aallnet.org/sections/fcil/newsletters/vol25/Oct2010.pdf.
- The European Human Rights System, 102 Law Libr. J. 533 (2010), reprinted in Globalex at http://www.nyulawglobal.org/globalex/European_Human_Rights_System.htm.
- Russian Federation Ratifies Protocol 14 to the ECHR, Foreign, Comp., & Int'l. L. SIS Newsletter, Feb. 2010, at 2, http://www.aallnet.org/sections/fcil/newsletters/vol24/Feb2010.pdf.
- The Lecture as Active Learning, AALL Spectrum, Apr. 2006, at 10.
- Book Review, When Courts and Congress Collide: The Struggle for Control of America’s Judicial System, 99 Law Libr. J. 137 (2006).
“Spirit of FCIL” award from the Foreign, Comparative, and International Law Special Interest Section of the American Association of Law Libraries in recognition of the work done on behalf of the SIS, July 13, 2014.
Legal research instruction