University of Cincinnati 3 + 3 Law School Admissions
The University of Cincinnati 3 + 3 Law program allows eligible undergraduates at University of Cincinnati’s McMicken College of Arts & Sciences to earn a bachelor’s degree and a law degree in just six years, saving a year of tuition and time over the traditional path to becoming a lawyer. Students admitted to Cincinnati Law under 3+3 Law will complete their bachelor’s degree while simultaneously completing the first year of law school.
To apply to Cincinnati Law under the 3 + 3 Law program, you must major in one of these programs in the McMicken College of Arts & Sciences: Political Science, International Affairs, History, Philosophy, Classics, Communications or English. Each undergraduate major has its own degree requirements which must be fulfilled before applying for 3+3 Law, so check with your A&S advisor.
3+3 Law Application Procedures
To apply for admission to Cincinnati Law under 3+3 Law:
- you must be in your junior year at the University of Cincinnati majoring in one of the eligible programs;
- you must have taken the Law School Admissions Test (LSAT); and
- you must submit an application for admission to the College of Law.
In addition, the College of Arts & Sciences must certify that you are eligible for the program. Students interested in 3 + 3 Law are encouraged to take the LSAT in October or December of their junior year and apply in January after their fall grades are available. 3+3 Law is not a guaranteed admission program; 3 + 3 Law candidates are considered alongside Cincinnati Law’s regular pool of applicants.
Tuition and Financial Aid
In their fourth year of study, 3+3 Law students will be full-time law students, so they will pay Cincinnati Law tuition, not undergraduate tuition. Students who were awarded a renewable undergraduate scholarship, such as Cincinnatus, may be able to apply some of that scholarship toward College of Law tuition. You may also be eligible for scholarships and financial aid from the College of Law.
Current High School Students:
- Apply for undergraduate admission to one of the participating programs
Once enrolled at UC:
- Make an appointment with the Pre-Professional Advising Center at 513-556-2166 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to mention this appointment is to find out more about the 3+3 Law program.
- Contact your department academic advisor as soon as possible, to allow time to meet the requirements of your major.
- Learn more about Cincinnati College of Law.